Trim Healthy Mama Book Study – Starts January 9th 2017

If you are reading this page, then you probably know about the Trim Healthy Mama plan! You may have been on plan a while, just got the books for Christmas, or had the books a while and not yet got started – everyone is welcome here!

As well as the books, they released a small group study guide to run alongside them which is designed to be used by churches and fellowship groups to learn the plan properly. I would love to go through the study guide, but here in the UK, THM isn’t as big as it is in the US (yet!) There is a thriving UK facebook community of THM’ers, but none of them are within an easy drive of where I am.

I thought that maybe there were others that are in the same situation or are just not able to regularly get out to a group and so I am going to host an online study group. This will be the third time I have hosted one of these and each time it has been an amazing learning experience and we have really enjoyed it.

We will start on January 9th 2017,, that way we can all start the New Year fully on track and make next year the year we achieve our health and weight goals!

There are six sections to the study. We will spend two weeks on section one as it has the most reading to do, then one week on each of the others. Although the study is based on the new book, I am going to run it so that anyone with the original book can join in too as I know there are many ladies who either can’t or don’t want to buy the new book.

I will post the readings and questions here and in a private facebook group and then we can chat and answer the questions in group. That way timezones are not a problem either.

If you would like to join then please add yourself to the facebook group HERE!

You can download the official study guide from the Trim Healthy Mama website here

You want the scripture based study guide that is available in the top right corner of the linked page.

See you on the 9th January!

27 comments

1. Stacey

Which study guide do you plan to use: scripture based or not? Thanks!

1. heather@liaif.net

We’re going to be using the scripture based one. There isn’t a lot of difference and you can miss out those questions if you don’t wish to answer them. x

2. Marilyn Buttermann

I am not the most technological person; think I have signed up; have the study guide that I hardcopied several weeks ago.
    Questions: 1. Do I need to download study guide to my phone? 2. On Jan. 9, how do I find you?

Hi, welcome!
      Have you joined the facebook group that is linked in the post? If not, come and join us and you will be able to join in with the chat in there x

3. Ingrid

Should we start on any reading prior to Jan 9?

1. heather@liaif.net

No, we will all start reading together on the 9th January. Have you joined the facebbok group linked int he post? If not, come and join us and get chatting with all the other lovely ladies x

4. Sue

Very excited about this!

Me too!! Welcome 🙂

5. Marlene

Should we have our readings done and questions answered for the 9th?

1. heather@liaif.net

No, we’re all going to start together ont he 9th and have two weeks to do the reading and answer the questions x

6. Brenda

How will we know which chapters to read if we have the old book?

1. heather@liaif.net

I will put up a blog post on Monday that will detail the reading and the questions. In there will be the reading details for both plan books so that those with the original book can follow along.

7. Lynne Decock

Which book will you be going through the first THM Book or the 2nd Book?

1. heather@liaif.net

Hi, you can use either book – I have adapted the reading to fit with both.

8. DeeAnn

I’m so excited to have a group to read the book with!! Looking forward to reading and answering questions with all of you!!! 🙂

1. heather@liaif.net

Welcome! We look forward to reading with you too x

9. Melinda

I’m joining but my books won’t be here until sometime next week. I hope I can follow along without getting too far behind until then.

1. heather@liaif.net

Hi and welcome! We have two weeks to cover section one so you should be fine! If not, don’t worry, just keep going at your own pace and joining in as much as possible – we will get through the study together x

10. Maro Salama

I would like to join your group please. I’ve had the books since March but never had chance to finish reading.
    I lost some but my weight stalled since May.
    I hope that Studying the book with you will help me figure out the problem and start loosing again.

1. heather@liaif.net

Just follow the link in the post to the facebook group and you will be welcomed with open arms by the loveliest group of ladies. We are all on this journey together and we will help and support each other. Come and join us and we will see you there x

1. Maro Salama

I’ve clicked join group multiple times and every time it says “pending” request not sure what i’m missing.

1. heather@liaif.net

If it’s pending then you should be in by now. It just means it was waiting for me to approve the request and I have been so inundated that sometimes it’s taken me a while to get through them all x

11. Terry Vaughn-Schroeder

I just discovered this group. I hope it isn’t too late to join??? I am from Missouri in the US.

1. heather@liaif.net

If you haven’t already joined the Facebook group then come over and join us, there’s always time xx

12. Judy

Where or how do I get the study guide? Also, if sugar substitutes cause someone to have headaches, can you still use this plan? Thanks in advance!

1. heather@liaif.net

Hi, yes you can still follow the plan! What sweeteners have you tried so far? There are many different ones now, so you should be bale to find one that suits you. I use them very sparingly though, just for occasional treats and my tastes have adapted on plan.
      If you come and join us in the facebook group, you can see what suggestions others have for you x

13. Judy

I found the book.:o) Now I just need the answer to the question about headaches on the plan. Thanks!